Tuesday 24 May 2011

Monday 16th May 2011 - Off Tae Paris

After a few last minute things - like buying some travel toiletries and some euros - and it was a quick train ride into Glasgow Central, getting breakfast and then the train to Prestwick International Airport. The flight left a little late but, Ryanair being Ryanair, we arrived ahead of schedule at Beauvais - my least favourite airport. I had decided to try another method of travel to Paris rather than the shuttle to Porte Maillot. This would leave me with a crosstown metro ride to the 18th and this, and the fact that it is a bit of a cattle truck, put me off. I was going to get the Beauvais downtown bus (Ligne 12) to the Gare SNCF in Beauvais - it only costs 90 cents - and from there catch the train to Gare du Nord. It was a bit of a rush making the connection but the train was a far more comfortable and relaxing way of travel and the view from upstairs added to the pleasant journey.

It was only a ten minute walk from Gare du Nord to my sister Liz's place on Rue Doudeauville. After quickly dumping my gear it was down all five flights and across the road to Au Gamin de Paris where I had a late meal and some wine before retiring for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment